BayCare Health System
BUDDY CHECK 10
Sign up to receive a FREE self-breast exam packet and get monthly reminders for your self exam at wtsp.com Keyword: Buddy Check or call 877-850-9611.
BayCare Health System is a leading community-based health system in the Tampa Bay area. Composed of a network of 10 not-for-profit hospitals, outpatient facilities and services such as imaging, lab, behavioral health and home health care, BayCare provides expert medical care throughout a patient's lifetime. With more than 195 access points conveniently located throughout Tampa Bay, BayCare connects patients to a complete range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for any health care need.
BayCare's family of hospitals are: Mease Countryside, Mease Dunedin, Morton Plant, Morton Plant North Bay, St. Anthony's, St. Joseph's, St. Joseph's Children's, St. Joseph's Hospital-North, St. Joseph's Women's, and South Florida Baptist.
Founded in 1916, Morton Plant Hospital was the first hospital built in northern Pinellas County. Today, this 687-bed facility provides highly technical and personalized care in more than 50 specialty areas such as the Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center
- Developed to serve patients with an abnormal reading on a screening mammogram, the Susan Cheek Needler Breast Center provides breast diagnostic procedures and services to patients.
- Patients are referred by a physician.
- Staffed by medical experts who are breast health specialists
- Focused toward decreasing diagnosis time from weeks to days.
- Results are usually available within 24 to 48 hours.
- Diagnostic services include full imaging services and non surgical biopsy procedures, including mammograms, and ultrasounds.
- Resources to support and assist the patient through the initial emotional distress of a breast cancer diagnosis are available.
- Procedures are covered by most major insurance plans.
- Soothing environment-We focus on providing a comforting experience during all medical procedures. The center itself is designed to create a serene atmosphere for patients and their families.
- Early detection is the key. If breast cancer is detected early, a patient has a 95% chance of survival.
St. Anthony's Hospital is located in St. Petersburg. It is a 395-bed hospita recognized as one of the area's most respected and technologically advanced medical facilities. St. Anthony's offers outstanding diagnostic and treatment options of all types of cancer. The Susan Sheppard McGillicuddy Breast Center is unmatched in the community in diagnostic services and helping patients navigate their treatment options should they find a cancer diagnosis. St. Anthony's was the first hospital in St. Petersburg to offer the cutting-edge technology of a 3D HD surgical robot and the first in the area to provide the community with digital mammography.
St. Joseph's Hospital, St. Joseph's Women's Hospital, and St. Joseph's Children's Hospital are all located in Tampa. A highly skilled and experienced staff of physicians with national and international reputations care for infants, children and adults at St. Joseph's Hospital. More than 70 specialties are represented among the medical staff, from internal medicine to cardiology, neurology to surgery. Shimberg Breast Center at St. Joseph's Women's Hospital provides accessible breast care for women of all ages. The center is staffed by physicians, radiologists and an on-site nurse navigator who specializes in breast services. Through a multidisciplinary approach and state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services, patients can receive accurate diagnosis and immediate care. They provide a full range of care - from mammograms to education - everything a woman needs for good breast health.
For more information, call BayCare Health System - 888-499-8906 or log on to MakeTheClearChoice.com.